Sunday, February 18, 2007

Proof that I am an Evil Genius


In true Evil Genius fashion, I have created a monster. I bought my 4 year-old nephew the Star Wars Galactic Heroes Escape from the Death Star action figure pack for Christmas. The boy is now obsessed. He has seen all the movies which are now used for punishments and rewards. When HBO was running the movies recently he started crying after watching the entire marathon because "Star Wars is over!"

When my sister hooked him up with the Power Rangers Underoos, or whatever swag he was pining for, she asked him, "Who is the best mom ever?" Without missing a beat he answered "Queen Padme."

But the coup de grace was when she was dropping him off at preschool and in his reluctance told her, "I don't know, mom. I have a bad feeling about this."

Of course as an uncle, I couldn't be prouder. And as a brother I am highly amused at my sister's annoyance with his compulsive Kevin Smith-like fanboy-ness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's not forget the set you bought for your Goddaughter as well you evil genius. She plays with these things all the time - knows almost all the names at 2 years old.

Still thinks Chewie is a dog...but that's ok...

Evil Genius said...

Is there an emoticon for maniacal laughter?