Thursday, March 22, 2007

Caffeine Intake Reduction- Day 29

This has not gotten any easier. Maybe I should have gone cold turkey. I am desperately wishing I could have a third cup right now. Two cups does not get me to my baseline. It just staves off the DT's. Green tea is a good remedy when I get a caffeine crash headache (as would be trip hop music if that were a viable solution.) But overall green tea does not help. My energy levels are still down. I am still tired and foggy. It makes me wonder the true level to which coffee affects my health. Furthermore it makes me wonder how long I would have to go to really detox. because it doesn't look like 40 days and 40 nights is going to cut it. And will I have the willpower to continue on beyond that? I am weak right now. Very weak. And with my patience being tested more and more of late, it would be so easy to fall off the wagon. Actually I am glad I haven't just started filling my mug up with Manhattans!

5 comments:

pezda said...

Hop on the erg, help clean out the system, drink plenty of water.

Evil Genius said...

I do have a wager with a certain Korean gentleman regarding weight loss. So I may need to impliment these strategies for the sake of getting my free dinner of choice. Mmm...deadliest catch *drool*.

Lucidiocy said...

GO EVIL
GO EVIL

YOU
CAN
DO
IT
!

Way too much coffee. But if it weren't for the coffee, I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever. ~David Letterman

Grant Miller said...

My wife is trying to do the same thing. Personally, I don't see the benefit. Without coffee you're tired and crabby. At least she is. I'd hate to see what evil I am capable of without coffee.

Evil Genius said...

Lucidiocy,

Thanks for the encouragement. And the Letterman quote encapsulates all of my fears.

Mr. Miiler,

Apparently this will clean out my system. As for the level of evil I am now capable of - I have risen from a Col. Klink level to a Blofeld level. Had I gone cold turkey I would be up to Hannibal Lecter right now. I'm talking fru-its of the dev-il!

-Chris...oops EG