Monday, July 16, 2007

WILATU #3 - my goldfish

When I created this list, "my goldfish" referred to Revenge of... who unfortunately only lasted six months after fighting off, but finally succumbing to a nasty infection. Yesterday I got a new fish. He is so big, I actually had to buckle him in on the way home.

Meet Dr. Spaceman. My intention was to get three small black moors and three small red cap orandas. They did not have red caps. And one of the moors had ich, which meant they probably all had ich. They had some nice calico shubunkins, but they were pricey for the size. This guy was reasonably priced and very healthy. In the picture below you can see the good doctor is roughly the size of a 5" x 7" picture frame. (The picture in the frame is of two of my all-time favorite fish, Clouds in my Coffee and Sexy Motherfucker.)


The other advantage of having one huge fish instead of six little ones is that he is more like a pet. I initially got goldfish because I could never have a dog in any of my apartments, and I never was a big fan of cats. I have nothing against cats, but never saw one as an option for me. Fish are very relaxing and fun to watch with very minimal upkeep. If I get a good one they seem to last about two years for me. Which is long enough to get attached. They do have some personality. Not much, they are just goldfish. If the fish could greet me at the door when I came home, it would be perfect. At this point though, even if I did have a house and a yard and could have a dog, I would still keep goldfish. Maybe I would even get a pond. And a pool! The pond would be better for goldfish.

14 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

Lord knows you don't want to get attatched to anything that lasts longer than two years.

Do you tell your dates this?

lulu said...

You named you goldfish Sexy Motherfucker? I think I may love you.

Evil Genius said...

GKL,

I was totally expecting this comment, but from someone else. I am not commitment-phobic. I just live in a 600 sq. ft. apartment.

Lulu,

He looked like Prince! He had "eyebrows" and a little "mustache." And he was funky.

And thank you for thinking you may love me. Maybe in time I may grow to think that I may love you too. Do you think the distance will be an issue?

Red, EG's Ex-Girlfriend said...

GKL - No, actually he doesn't.

Hey, EG, is this who you were expecting the comment from? ;P

lulu said...

my general policy is to only fall in love with men who are geographially or emotionally unavailable, so the distance is a plus for me.

Grant Miller said...

What is your opinion of ferrets?

Evil Genius said...

Red,

No comment.

Lulu,

You don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a rebel. I'm a loner.

Grant,

Slightly higher than my opinion of you.

Evil Genius said...

(I'm just kidding Grant. I hold you in higher regard. Ferrets are for hippies. You are for the masses!)

Blowing Shit Up With Gas said...

My mother kept goldfish in a pond in her yard for years. Until this huge-ass Heron discovered the yard.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Busted.

Dale said...

Best names ever! I'm in love with Lulu for loving you. Or something like that.

pezda said...

Very nice. Hopefully this one will be a bit healthier than Revenge Of... Maybe having a new lord of the tank will settle Upgrayedd down.

Evil Genius said...

BSUWG,

Damn birds! ...Hey that would be great! I aspire to be a crotchety old man, and having a vendetta against a heron would be beneficial to my character.

GkL,

You have obviously conspired with red to set this trap for me. I was minding my business, posting about goldfish and all of the sudden I become some heartless philanderer! Well, at least Lulu loves me!

Dale,

Is this going to be some kinky three-way thing? or, forgive me for saying, perhaps a bizarre love triangle?

Pezda,

Upgrayedd has already been duly subjugated. Thanks for getting us back on topic.

Dale said...

After your Cure set up, the Bizarre Love Triangle is musical genius, Evil Genius.