Sunday, October 21, 2007

Little Ole Me?

See that airplane taking off into the sunrise over to the right? Go ahead, click on it. That's right. I am finally getting some recognition around here!

I would like to thank Dale for both recommending I post on this topic, and most likely being the one that nominated the post.

I would like to thank Flann for making my snazzy banner so I look presentable on my Rising Blogger post, as well as helping me out when I was in a slump. If you haven't noticed yet, I have permanently added her avatar to my sidebar. I keep moving it around, but it is there.

I would like to thank Grant for pulling my blog out of obscurity and letting me sit with the cool kids. (Sorry for hijacking your Clooney post.)

And I would like to thank all of you for continuing to read and comment. By the way, congratulations on being named Time's Person of the Year.

19 comments:

pistols at dawn said...

Congrats, sir. One day, I'll win some highfalutin award, but it'll be one I made up, and everyone will know and snicker derisively at me behind my back.

Evil Genius said...

Pistols,

I will award you the Tastee Milkshake Award. Name the day and time. That way I can snicker to your face.

-Evil

pistols at dawn said...

Yeah, I've been really remiss about that whole planning thing. Comes with 1L-dom, I hear. Details to come.

Evil Genius said...

Don't worry, I have been pretty busy too. Just let me know. My e-mail is on my profile.

Dale said...

If only Flannery had loved me enough to make me a banner and then held my hand by telling me how to put it up there. I'd be a megastar by now. You'd think with me being Time's person of the year, I'd get a little more respect.

You earned it Evil Genius!

Pistols at Dawn, the sun may rise on your blog as well but I need to see the milkshake first.

Skylers Dad said...

Well done EG, someday I hope to meet you to be able to say I brushed arms with greatness!

Evil Genius said...

Dale,

Muchos gracias.

SkyDad,

I hope to make it up to CO one day, and would surely be by to see you. However, arm-brushings begin at $25, glow-basking is $100, but you may touch the hem of my garment for only $14.95.

-Evil

minijonb said...

i'll pat your back if you pat mine... can we get degrees in advanced underwater back-patting?

Evil Genius said...

MiniJB,

I am actually doping extensive post-doc work on underwater back-patting. Under a feredally funded grant, of course.

-EG

Beth said...

Congrats!!!!!

Grant Miller said...

I couldn't have done it without you.

Evil Genius said...

Beth,

Thank you.

Grant,

I agree.

-EG

Flannery Alden said...

Oh, you're welcome, EG.

And Dale, all you have to do is ask. Or let me guest host. (mwuh ha ha ha ha!) Oops. That evil laugh was supposed to be in my head.

Evil Genius said...

Uh-oh. I think I have infected her.

GETkristiLOVE said...

I can't think of any other blogger I'd like to see rise.

Keep it up.

Evil Genius said...

GkL,

I am not sure you are aware of this, but your comment could also be taken in a sexual connotation.

-EG

Hot Lemon said...

lurve that Flann...

Evil Genius said...

Well, lurve is a pretty strong word.

Dale said...

I may ask one of these days Flannery if only to hear the laugh again.