Wednesday, December 05, 2007

WILATU #100 - "What I Like About the Universe"

You know what? I like my blog. I may pretend to like your blog, but I really like my blog.

I was just going to put up some old posts to fill the void until my triumphant and devastating return. Then I realized, "Wow, this crap is pretty good. I actually like some of this." So that is one more I can cross off the list.

And no, just because this is #100 doesn't mean I am done now. For the last time - they are not in order, people! So here is the obligatory blurb about why my blog makes me happy:

Wow, blogging has been so great. I have met such great people, blah, blah, blah. Such a great creative outlet and a perfect way to vent, yadda, yadda, yadda. Stopped me from climbing up the clock tower, etc. etc. etc.

So anyway, here are some of my favorite posts:

Query: Alexander Calder

Historical women to whom I would have given the business.

Hamlet with Hyperlinks

My Life Story in Area Codes

Rock and Roll SAT Question

All the Lies About Makeup and Long Hair


And my favorite post ever:

Breakfast at Tiffany's (2006)

If you have a favorite post I missed, please let me know.

14 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

You had some awesome posts back before I read your blog. What's up with that, you slacker? Now I'm upset you've been holding out on me.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Well you know I can't stay mad for too long. BTW, the historical women post is my fav.

Grant Miller said...

I like your blog too. I really liked Hamlet w/ hyperlinks. I may steal it.

pistols at dawn said...

You're no me, but you're all right. I imagine the feeling is more than mutual.

Evil Evil Genius said...

GkL,

Just wait.

Grant,

Go right ahead. I stole it from Shakespeare.

Pistols,

I couldn't have put it better myself. Well...

-EEG

Dale said...

I've missed a lot of them but that's because I can't actually read. I'm here for the pictures. I like your blog.

Evil Evil Genius said...

Dale,

Mee lyke pkshurs two.

-EEG

Bubs said...

I just saw Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time last December. I think your remake idea is brilliant.

Doc said...

I love stopping by and seeing what is on display as far as the universe has to offer. I enjoy philosophy and your blog has it in spades. You ponder things that I seem to miss in my everyday hustle and bustle, and I find it rewarding to hear of simple things that I may have missed, such as a warm drink, the possibilities that space has to offer, or the brillance of a Smith's tune. Regretably, these things have passed me by. I was 26 by the time I heard of the Smiths and I felt as if a whole avenue of my life had passed me by. Thank you for contributing to my continuing education. All of blogdom would be much the worse without your continuing contribution. God bless Evil Genius.

P.S. I love the shirt you sent my wife. The girls in the bakery have been asking where they can purchase one. Do you have an address I could write to?

Doc

Evil Evil Genius said...

Bubs,

I'll see if I can pencil in a walk-on for you.

Doc,

Thank you, I needed that ego boost! And I am glad I have been able to edutain you.

Please tell all your friends to stop by the Rock and Roll Astronaut Store also conveniently linked on the sidebar.

-EEG

minijonb said...

conrgats on the century mark.

Blowing Shit Up With Gas said...

Your life story in area codes was touching. That intruguing twist at the end -- 301, 202, 301 -- really brought me back. Of course, the 412s and 724s meant a lot, too.

Leonesse said...

This has to be one of the best lines ever:

There is a more than a subtle difference between hedonism and usin' what your momma gave you.

Evil Genius said...

Mini JB, BSUWG, Leonesse,

You will all be thanked in my Oscar speech.

-EE