Friday, January 04, 2008

Alberto Vargas, where are you?

I have the same problem every year. I am so disenfranchised that I can't pick out a magazine, let alone select any interest that I want to be reminded of for 12 months. I am sure I am not alone. That is why I am going to make a non-committal calendar with mass appeal. Something roughly like this:

January – an Ansel Adams print

February – an airplane of World War II

March – Weimaraner puppies in a laundry basket

April- a quaint scene from the Italian countryside

May – NFL cheerleaders from one random team

June – a classic Coca-Cola print ad

July – one panel of Gary Larson’s the Far Side

August – one film noir movie poster

September – a Gustav Klimt print

October – the chick from the new Battlestar Gallactica (which I have never seen) in a tank top

November – the quirky, kitschy, offbeat humor of nuns bowling

December – breathtaking vistas of one U.S. National Park

20 comments:

Lucidiocy said...

I'll take 3.

I'll give them as gifts on dec 31.

Suze said...

What - no Garfield month?

Flannery Alden said...

Genius! Evil, evil genius! Where can I get one?

pistols at dawn said...

As long as they aren't the Cleveland cheerleaders, who aren't the league's prettiest, because they can be covered head to toe in that frozen barren wasteland for 15 out of 16 weeks of the season, I'm on board.

Also, if you make a "reasons to hate Cleveland" calendar, I'm in for that, too.

Flannery Alden said...

BTW: TAG!

Evil Evil Genius said...

Son-of-a-bitch! I am still working on my last tag - the Splotchy story infection.

Evil Evil Genius said...

Shit!Shit!Shit! I fell into her trap!

A display of such evil cannot go unrewarded. Congratulations Flann, you are the first to earn your link back.

Dale said...

All Cylons, all the time.

Flannery Alden said...

Fuckin' A! I rule...

Blowing Shit Up With Gas said...

Bet you'd like to give that Vargas girl the business.

Evil Evil Genius said...

First of all it is just a drawing,second of all if she were real she would be 80 years old right now, lastly...oh who am I kidding? Hells ya!

David said...

I'll take one.

Hot Lemon said...

what, no nude Scottish peat cutters?? Their calendar is for a good cause!!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Well, if you ever saw the new BG, you'd know that Starbuck is much sexier than the Cylon chick. Besides, she's the chosen one.

Evil Evil Genius said...

That chick is a Cylon? The funny part is that I picked that as a month randomly, and then easily found the requisite photo without doing any research into plot or characters.

minijonb said...

nah, just bring on more of those Vargas prints every month. that would be more than fine.

Evil Evil Genius said...

Excellent new avatar!

GETkristiLOVE said...

She's actually THE Cylon model that stole the secrets to override the human computer systems so the Cylons could destroy all the planets.

Grant Miller said...

I should give you one of those homemade calenders with pictures of me every month. They sell them at Staples or something.

Bubs said...

Splendid idea. I was thinking of putting together a drink-of-the-month calendar. Or a gun of the month calendar, I haven't decided.