Tuesday, January 01, 2008

WILATU #76 - Alaskan King Crab legs

I just ate some of these suckers for dinner to celebrate the New Year. Holy fuck! Screw lobster, this is where it is at. There is a reason why guys die trying to catch them - they are orgasmic! If you have any appreciation for seafood, stop messing around and step up. If you are in Chicago, go straight to the Half Shell. If not, they are 50% off with your Safeway club member card this week.

If /when I am on death row, this is what I am choosing for my last meal. And since they won't have to bother shaving my head, maybe I'll have time for an extra claw.

11 comments:

Suze said...

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that I didn't have that for dinner last night. You truly are evil!

Dr. Zaius said...

I stopped eating shellfish. They are all bottom feeders, like the Republican congress! Happy New Year, Evil Genius!

Evil Evil Genius said...

I am glad someone picked up on the thinly veiled political innuendo here. I mean, come on people! Do I have to spoon feed this to you...with some drawn butter and a lemon wedge? And then offer you a moist towelette afterwards? Do I?

SkylersDad said...

The taste good, but are just... too... hard... to... eat!

(Did that sound like Kirk? I hope it did.)

Bubs said...

I'm a lazy eater so normally I stay away from food that makes me work to hard to eat it--whole fish, crabs, artichokes. But a big-ass crab leg and a pair of pliers is a fine combination.

GETkristiLOVE said...

After being on Denali for 23 days, my first meal back in civilization was King Crab Legs... well actually, I ordered TWO meals of King Crab Legs. That was the strangest look I ever got from a waitress, but I ate both meals.

pistols at dawn said...

All I wanted was a Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me.

Well done.

However, crabs are giant gross insects, and I refuse to eat them. Yes, I know I'm from Maryland and that's all we have, but crabs are gross.

Dale said...

Garlic butter and a straw, all I ever need is you.

Hot Lemon said...

dammit. I've jumped th' shark.

meanwhile, eating anything with a carapace is generally 'gainst my religion-- mostly cuz I think I'm eating some sort big fucking BUG.

Beth said...

There's a Chinese spot in my corner of the world that has an all-you-can-eat buffet of Alaskan king crab legs on Fridays. They're damn tasty — and just $11.99.

pezda said...

Anything eaten with melted butter will taste great. Seriously try it.