Monday, February 04, 2008

Evil Genius and Coffey - a winning combination!

On the 11th day of June in the year of Our Lord 2008 at the Merriweather Post Pavillion in Columbia, MD, there will be held a rock and roll concert featuring the awesome talents of Johnny Marr, guitar prostitute, as a member of Modest Mouse. I plan on being there. As this concert will also feature the favorite sons of Athens, GA - R.E.M., Beth also plans on being there. They will additionally be supported by The National if anyone particularly cares.

Since this tour has limited dates and venues, I am expecting anyone reading this who does not reside in one of these cities to make plans on being there as well. Unlike Interpol, I only have one couch. But I will make due if necessary. If you live nearby *cough*Pistols*cough,* you have no excuse not to be there.

That is all, carry on.

13 comments:

minijonb said...

I love The National, so that makes it a great bill from top to bottom. Have a great time!

Beth said...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an air mattress in Arlington, so all I'm going to need are fun boys with whom to dance the night away.

Does Pistols qualify?

Dale said...

Hmmm, road trip? Sounds like fun.

Suze said...

Okay Evil, interview? I'd like to ask you a few questions. I'm offering up a goat - will that sway you?

Evil Genius said...

JB,

They sing that one song about a navy blue blazer. I like that one.

Beth,

Hollah, girl!

Dale,

You should totally do it! Just be aware that Bethesda is close to Rockville. You might want to avoid Rockville. I've heard bad things.

Suze,

My people will get in touch with your people.

-Evil

Evil Genius said...

Ms. Laaw-yuhr, you are not exempt. This invitatation(demand) extends to you as well.

pistols at dawn said...

I imagine that R.E.M. tickets would be like $4,000, which is a lot of money to pay for the band everyone but me liked growing up. I mean, "World Leader Pretend" was cool and all, and Johnny Marr's awesome, but Modest Mouse isn't exactly known for their (glug, glug) live shows.

We'll see.

Evil Genius said...

That is far more positive a response than I expected.

David said...

Marr goes beyond guitar prostitute. He is a musical slut so rentable he is beyond common notions of whoredom. He is uber-hor.

Hot Lemon said...

I donna' know this person from a hole in th' ground, but I wanna be there just to toss back a few with yew folken. Have one one me.

Pezda's Ghost said...

have tickets gone on sale yet? Maybe I could swing another road trip...

Grant Miller said...

I didn't seen JM with Modest Mouse, but I've heard great things about his performances with the band.

Leonesse said...

I live on the other side of your universe, so I will have to sit on my ass. As per usual.