Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh crap! I forgot I have a blog.

OK, so yeah. Um...wow is my life interesting. And not only that, but I have so many anecdotes to tell you about it. And they are all laced with Gen X pop culture references and erudite allusions that will make us all feel witty and enlightened.

But your life is interesting, too. Right? And you have just as many amusing tales to spin about how your espresso maker won't froth anymore, you can't afford the carbon fiber mountain bike you really want, and why your lesbian pen-pal won't write back without me. Right?

So you can fill in the blanks here and come up with something on your own about how some Smith's lyric fits the abysmal state of my love-life, how some Simpsons quote made me laugh at an inopportune time, how I should stop trying to be a mover and a shaker and cut down on the coffee (damn you, Jane Curtain!) or just find some catchy forgotten YouTube clip of an old alternative song and imagine that is stuck in my head.

See? You don't even need me here! Also, while you're at it pretend that this is a new post every time you read it over the next few weeks. OK? Great! Thanks. BRB.

15 comments:

pistols at dawn said...

Right now, you're dreaming that last night somebody loved you.

minijonb said...

i'll think of you every post i make this week... how's that for craziness?

Suze said...

Get interviewed and go all Hollywood on us. You've dropped us for the likes of Paris and Britney haven't you?

Blowing Shit Up With Gas said...

I wish I had a lesbian pen-pal.

BeckEye said...

Why don't you just imagine that we're all leaving comments?

Oh hell. There goes that idea.

Pezda's Ghost said...

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Red said...

Don't be silly, Suze. Tarts like that aren't for the EG. Or even the EEG. He's (they've?) left us to go to Manhattan and woo Tina Fey.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Yeah, but every now and then you get to correct someone (I can't believe I forgot it was a Baby Ruth), and it makes it all worth it, huh?

And as long as we're posting what we always post, I should mention how sexy your bald head is. Swoon!

Leonesse said...

I wore argyle socks yesterday. Does that help?

SkylersDad said...

I trimmed my nose hairs last night.

That is all.

Dale said...

I've scratched my ass several times in the last few weeks. Maybe you need some new wax for your head? MakeKristiLove you even more!

Whiskeymarie said...

Right now, I can feel the soil falling over my head.
Oh, wait.
Drunk again.
Sorry.

Beth said...

Damn, I'm still laughing over your eurdite Smiths/Simpsons tie-in. You are the blogworld's Dennis Miller, my friend.

Grant Miller said...

Wait, I've read this before. Or maybe I just thought it. Or maybe I just read it the other day?

Mind if I recycle my comments?

Ms. Laaw-yuhr said...

Tired of dreaming this is a new post [sigh].