Crazy 8's as requested by Beth. (In Case you were wondering, the Meme Fulfillment Department is located right next to the Dead Letter Office.)
8 Things I’m Passionate About
Wow, only 8? I am used to doing this in 100's. OK, let us narrow it down then.
1. Catholicism- It's like Santeria without all those messy chicken bones!
2. Being a smart-ass
5. The entire punk lineage of Rock and Roll (punk, post punk, new wave, post modern, college rock, alternative, emo, avante garage, etc.)
6. The scent of a woman. (This is not italicized or in quotation marks because I am not referring to the movie.)
7. Trying to explain to people how big the universe is (It's fucking big!)
8. Pikksburgh Stillers football (Can I get an "amen," BeckEye?)
8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. Drive Route 66 from Chicago to LA in an old American car with my brother.
3. Become an official Karen O groupie.
4. Spend a night in jail.
5. Become old and crotchety.
6. Finish "8 Things to do before I die" list.
8 Things I Often Say
Nothing. I am the strong, silent type. [read: psychotic.]
8 Books I’ve Read Recently
1. Love Is a Mix Tape - still haven't finished.
2. The Great Gatsby - also in progress. Never read it before. (Probably still got at least a "B" on the test.)
3. I just finished re-reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.
5. Fight Club
6. The Time Machine Did It
7. Life of Pi
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over
Chosen somewhat randomly in the interest of completing this meme.
1. The Postal Service - “Such Great Heights”
2. The Smiths - “Back to the Old House" (Hatful of Hollow version)
3. The Flaming Lips - “Do You Realize?
4. Portishead - "Over"
5. The Decemberists - "The Mariner's Revenge"
6. New Order - "Regret" (Evil Genius' song of the year)
7. The Stone Roses - "Fool's Gold"
8. The Smiths - "I Won't Share You"
8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends
1. Very strong magnets of opposite polarity surgically implanted in our skulls.
2. The promise of free food.
3. Need to keep other half of the launch code nearby.
4. Can't be my own straight man.
5. More friends = more potential kidney/bone marrow matches.
6. Those come-hither eyes.
7. The siren call of the HOV lane.
8. Have to do something with all these Hallmark cards I bought.
8 Things That Drive Me Crazy
Beth added this one; it drove her crazy that there were only seven categories in Crazy 8's. She is brilliant.
1. The chemical imbalance in my brain.
3. Confederate flags
4. Sucka MC's frontin' like they can match my funky flow.
6. The sad fact that the world may never know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. I mean, come on! We can put a man on the moon, why can't we exercise enough self-control to blot out this shameful gap in the whole of human candy consumption knowledge?
7. Not being able to tell anyone that I know who "You're So Vain" is really about.
8 People I Think Should Go All "Crazy 8's" on Us
Normally I wouldn't tag people, but if I don't there aren't 8 topics in Crazy 8's, so with much reticence I extend the following tags.
1. Red - to be filled out in my comments
2. Splotchy - only if it satisfies the TMS guidelines.
3. BeckEye - since she is already on my clipboard.
4. Splotchy - this time just to drive down the adjusted TMS.
5. Whiskeymarie - because I am secretly in love with her and don't know how else to tell her.
6. Splotchy - we have now created what is known as "a running gag."
7. Fernando Von Bakonstein c/o McGone @ the IHOB.
8. Splotchy - This should make the TMS now approach zero and complete the running gag.