Thursday, March 13, 2008

Shiny Mercury

I was reading this article about strange craters on Mercury. I know I am the only one who is really interested by this stuff, so I started searching for images of these interesting craters which have dark halos and shiny centers. The large image is planet Mercury. By the way, that strip is an unmapped area and not a permenant Ohno. (Which is fortunate, because I would have had to restructure my blog solar system to make Kristi Mercury instead of Venus.)

So anyway, I couldn't find the craters but I did find some other interesting Mercury images. Enjoy!



8 comments:

Beth said...

Planet Freddie is my second favorite, after Saturn.

pistols at dawn said...

I beat up a kid who went to Spacecamp once - does that count as an interest in science?

Pezda's Ghost said...

"Unmapped area", eh? Isn't that governmental code for "there is something bizzare and unexplained here, and we don't want the world's population to panic over it."?

Pezda's Ghost said...

I think I'm going to panic just in case.

Evil Genius said...

I am much more concerned with what God is hiding in that big blank hole in the universe.

GETkristiLOVE said...

That's like a reverse or negative Permanent Ohno, which would be cool to try out... but alas, it's too late.

Leonesse said...

Pistols, punching yourself doesn't count.

I am partial to Freddy myself.

Blowing Shit Up With Gas said...

Actually, there was a Planet Fred. It was a restauraunt near Dupont Circle.