Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sweet Little Sixteen*

It's Friday, gang. That means I'm going to share with you some random songs from my iPod. As you can see, I do mean random. (Hey, Grant, I wanna be just like you when I grow up!)

1. "With You, Without You" Brad Paisley
2. "Subtract One Love, Multiply the Heartache" Cake
3. "Lead Me On" Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty
4. "Something's Gotta Give" Sammy Davis, Jr.
5. "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding" Elvis Costello
6. "Amarillo by Morning" George Strait
7. "Hollywood Freaks" Beck
8. "This Woman and This Man" Clay Walker
9. "Supercollider" Fountains of Wayne
10. "You to Thank" Ben Folds
11. "Learn to Be Still" Eagles
12. "Italian Leather Sofa" Cake
13. "Jesusland" Ben Folds
14. "'Til My Head Falls Off" They Might Be Giants
15. "Badlands" Bruce Springsteen
16. "Stick Shifts and Safety Belts" Cake

*This is another post that Evil Genius wouldn't have written. Both because he doesn't have an iPod, and because if he had one with infinite memory, some of the songs on this list would NEVER be on it.

7 comments:

McGone said...

I contend that Cake's "Fashion Nugget" is a great CD for a lazy Friday afternoon. Let's have "Cake Fridays!"

Or at very least, let's have Cake on Fridays.

Blowing Shit Up With Gas said...

Cake rules! I think Prolonging the Magic is my fave.

SkylersDad said...

I am also a member of the 1 percent of society that does not own an iPod, or any other iProduct.

Grant Miller said...

My random songs thing is only half random.

Red said...

McGone,

C'mon down DC way. Bring The Girl and Fernando. We'll fix you up with cake. Or we could go to CakeLove. Maybe EG would come out of seclusion and Pistols would respond to the lure of cake.

BSUWG,

Yes, they do. How can I not love a band that covered "Mahna, Mahna"?

SD,

You're totally missing out. I can carry loads of cds around on something that fits in my bra when I don't have pockets.

GM,

I'm merely pointing out that the mix of genres, artists, and decades is pretty damn eclectic.

BeckEye said...

Any playlist with "Badlands" on it immediately wins.

Red said...

Beckeye,

"It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive." Plus it's one of the better Springsteen songs in terms of harmony.