Friday, May 23, 2008

iEnjoy Being a Girl

My iPod is feeling very estrogen heavy this week, which is a little bit of a relief. Don't get me wrong, iLike men. A lot. I've got two brothers, my father is a wonderful man and I'm lucky to count some wonderful men among my friends. I've had guys as friends my whole life. If I looked around one day and all my friends were girls, I'd really miss having guys around just for variety's sake. However, I'm also enough of a feminist that when my iLists, especially the first week but some of the others, too, have been mostly or only comprised of songs by men, I cringe a little on the inside. There are some lovely boys on this week's Sweet Sixteen, but the ladies are carrying it. You go, girls!

1. Mystery - Indigo Girls
2. Lost in Your Eyes - Debbie Gibson*
3. I Can't Be Bothered - Miranda Lambert**
4. Good Morning, Good Morning - The Beatles
5. One Night at a Time - George Strait
6. Absence of the Heart - Deana Carter***
7. Should've Said No - Taylor Swift**
8. Valley Winter Song - Fountains of Wayne
9. Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
10. Rodeo - Garth Brooks
11. I Will Survive - CAKE***
12. Tim McGraw - Taylor Swift**
13. Solitude - Diana Ross
14. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - Miranda Lambert**
15. One Promise Too Late - Reba McEntire
16. S-E-X-X-Y - They Might Be Giants

I'm headed to NYC tomorrow, gang, and I'll be back Wed. so probably no new posts until then. Happy Memorial Day!

*The only Debbie Gibson on my iPod, but it always cracks me up when it comes on.
**Apparently, my iPod has some new favorites this week.
***It's nice to see the usual suspects in attendance, though.

3 comments:

Grant Miller said...

Your iPod is hottt.

McGone said...

And of course the CAKE song for the week is a Gloria Gaynor cover, in keeping with the Girl Power theme. Well played, iPod.

SkylersDad said...

I just love the Indigo Girls. I saw them when they were just starting to become national, in a small venue in downtown Denver. They sat and chatted with the crowd, took requests, it is still one of the best shows I have ever seen.