Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Ignorance (of Celebrity Gossip) Is Bliss

For me, anyway. Quite possibly for some ignoble reason like it makes me feel superior to the celebrity obsessed, tabloid reading, unwashed masses. I mean, at least two women close to me have subscriptions to People, and I love them anyway, but I don't suffer from a compunction to read it.

I was reminded of the satisfaction I derive from this this morning while I was getting ready for work. The clock radio in my room gets crap reception and only tunes in the Adult Contemporary station. (It's better than nothing, but I certainly don't have it among the twelve presets in my car.) Every morning, they do a section called the "Show Biz Buzz". Today, they were talking about Angelina Jolie and the maternity home she checked into even though she's not due until August.

Things I learned from this report that I didn't know before:

1) Angelina Jolie is pregnant
2) With twins
3) It isn't her first pregnancy

Now, I did learn all of these things this morning, and since I have a memory like an elephant I will quite possibly retain all of them, but it was still a really nice moment for me when I realized that all of these things were news to me.*

*Beckeye and anyone else who might be offended by this, please don't hate me. We can bond over the Stillers and '60s pop music and such.

9 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I hear she is going to let an African couple adopt them!

Gypsy said...

right. concern urself about jolie only when you're a Cambodian kid next in line for adoption at some UN refugee camp or somethin and they are not busy with pregnancies

McGone said...

I feel that I must also inform you that 4.) her boobs have gotten ginormous.

Red said...

I tend to know these things, but that's only because I spend all day in front of a computer and CNN runs headlines about Angelina like it's actual news.

Suze's Sass said...

Listen I can mail you the National Enquirer every week when I'm done reading it. I like my evil friends to be informed too!

Grant Miller said...

I am very, very offended.

Falwless said...

Wow. You and I reside on different planets. I am in awe and, I must say, a little jealous of your refinement and class.

I bet you have all your teeth, too, don't you?

Bitch.

FranIAm said...

Who is Angelina Jolie???

(heee hee)

pistols at dawn said...

Who's Angelina?