Monday, November 17, 2008

How Was Your Day, Dear?

I have to say, mine was pretty good. I took a personal day today to attend a career fair. Where I did not get offered a new job but did get a couple of interesting leads. And call me Pollyanna (others do) but in this economy I'm grateful just to have a job. I am trying to get into something more interesting and/or lucrative, though, so that was part of what today was about.

It also meant that I got to sleep in a little ('til 8:40ish), had stuffed grape leaves and gelato for lunch and got to hit the pool at four before the crowds showed up. I have to grab a shower and wash the chlorine out of my hair but I got home from the gym, the last place I'm going today, at 4:51. Ahhhhh. Now I'm going to make some soup and get to following up on my better leads from today.

This is a terribly mundane post, and I apologize, but it's also by way of saying that while EG has put me in charge for the foreseeable future and I'll pop in probably a couple times a week, I am job hunting right now so that may limit the time I have to post. But it doesn't mean your father and I love you any less.

8 comments:

Flannery Alden said...

I see he left things in good hands. I had a pretty good day myself. It's definately good to have work...

Flannery Alden said...

Oh, thanks for asking!

SkylersDad said...

Dear Pollyanna,

You are destined to die, alone, in the dark.

Signed,
Mr. Hemingway

pistols at dawn said...

EG is so like a man, always disappearing after I put out.

I mean...damnit. Of all the times for my computer to not have a delete key.

Gifted Typist said...

But we won't call you Paulsonyanna

FranIAm said...

I don't know what's up around here, but all I can say is that I met you both and suddenly no EG and all Red. I'm cool with that but it arouses my suspicion!

Sounds like you had a good day. Good job karma to you.

Leonesse said...

I know how it goes, sister. Give EG a big hello.

Suze said...

Why aren't you sweet asking how my day is going?