Monday, January 19, 2009

The Sexy Six

Argyle Chick of the Month Flannery Alden tagged me as one of six sexy gals (thank you kindly, Flan) to do this meme:

The Rules

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Six things you may not know about me:

1. In 2005, I became a Steelers fan! (Not coincidentally, that was also the year EG and I got together.) They won the Super Bowl that year. When we were apart, I had a very hard time giving up the boys in black and gold. They get to you. They really do. One of the many great things about being back with me darlin' man has been openly rooting for the Steelers again. As you may have heard, they're having a pretty good season.

2. I have a bumper sticker on my car that says, "Republicans for Voldemort." I drive a kinda beat up Honda Civic and at work every day I park it directly in front of a guy with a shiny, new, black BMW 750 who used to work for the outgoing administration. This amuses me a bit, but I'm not at all sure he gets the joke.

3. My favorite musical ever is Stephen Sondheim's Follies. The film version of this most excellent 1971 musical was originally listed on IMDB as coming out sometime this year. Now it says 2012. Grr. But I have every hope it will be really good. Sam Mendes is directing and Aaron Sorkin is doing the screenplay. How excited am I?

4. I've seen Back to the Future something like fifty times. Literally. It was (the elder of) my (two younger) brother's favorite movie and as a child I often had a choice between BttF and not watching TV just then. He's seen it over 100 times, so obviously there were quite a few days I read or went outside or whatever, but I also had a massive childhood crush on Michael J. Fox.

5. I lived in Florida for almost ten years, but I don't really like to talk about it. Florida kinda sucks.

6. On a related note, I don't really like the beach. I had fun as a child at the Jersey shore, esp. with my beloved Grammy, and on family trips to Myrtle Beach. But the combination of moving to Florida, where no matter how much sunblock I applied I always got badly burned; and the deterioration of my vision - I didn't like to be seen in my glasses but I was afraid of getting sand in a contact lens or losing one in the ocean - ruined it for me. As fate would have it, EG4K doesn't like the beach either. (Neither did EG, EEG, or 3G.)

As you've probably noticed on the sidebar, I'm evil now, too. So I'm not tagging anyone. Buwahahahaha! Anyway, why should Whiskey's place be the only blog where memes go to die? If any of you want to be tagged, by all means, leave a comment letting us know you've done it and we'll all traipse over to your place.

5 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Meme-murderer!!!

Just kidding- every time a meme dies an angel gets it's wings.

SkylersDad said...

I totally agree that Florida suck, all they have are gators and huge spiders...

WendyB said...

I love killing memes.

BeckEye said...

Why would you WANT to give up the Steelers? That's just ridiculous.

Flannery Alden said...

Ooooh! I hate the beach too! Fair skin/sensitive skin does not mix with sand and too much sunshine.

Thanks for playing along!