Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Germans have blitzkrieged my blog comments

While not nearly as popular as "Julie Andrews topless"*, I still get a bunch of hits for "Neun und Nuenzig Luftballon." But I was very surprised to get a new comment on the post that draws these searches today. Even more surprising was when I checked out this person's profile, I was the first and only viewer. This guy actually signed up to post a comment on a year-old post which was a recycled draft that had been sitting around for a long time, but I decided to pull out during a dry spell (retro blogging.) Here is the pertanent info:

P. Wiebar has left a new comment on your post "Neun und Neunzig Luftballon (Retro Blogging - draf...":

Does anyone know the name of the episode of The Simpsons in which Homer sings "Neun und neunzig Luftballon"? Or describe the plot in the episode? Thanks/Danke.



Posted by P. Wiebar to What I Like about the Universe at 2/04/2009 02:17:00 PM

The part that bothers me most is that I don't know the answer to this Simpsons trivia. Anybody else know it?


*Scroll to the bottom of my blog to see how I have dealt with this.

6 comments:

pistols at dawn said...

I don't know the answer to this, either, but as the Simpsons once noted, "Anyone who speaks German can't be bad!"

GETkristiLOVE said...

The Germans in Springfield one - The Heartbroke Kid. Doesn't anyone Google anymore?!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Here's the wiki on it".

Evil Genius said...

Season 16? Do you know how many sharks were jumped by that point?

Rassles said...

I totally know all the words to 99 Luftballons. Once I had to sing it at a wedding. Auf Deutsch.

Seriously? Who wants me to sing a song about a hypothetical Cold War apocalypse at their wedding? Crazy people, that's who. My friends are ridiculous.

Grant Miller said...

Danke!