Monday, March 02, 2009

Known and suspected Canadian bloggers

Despite their mastery of the English language and ability to blend into our culture seamlessly, it has come to my attention that some of our fellow bloggers are not Americans! Though there appear to be some Australians and a couple of British folks on my very own blogroll, the most dangerous of these alien impostors are the Canadians. So before you start thinking Alan Thicke is funny and Anne Murray has the voice of an angel, let me make you aware of who may be claiming to be an American just because they live on our continent:

  1. Dale
  2. Katrocket
  3. Giftefd Typist

That is all I have found, though if you are aware of more they should certainly be brought to the atention of your fellow red-blooded Yankee capitalists. Please carry on ignoring the rest of the world's affairs, not using the metric system, being denied adequate health care, and starting wars at your own discretion. Thank you.

13 comments:

pistols at dawn said...

I started a war with Ghana just this morning. You're welcome.

Whiskeymarie said...

I work with TWO Canadians- don't think for a second I'm not keeping an eye on them.

In fact, I'm going to go and start a random, pointless argument with one or both of them right now just to show them who's boss around here.
Well...I'm not the boss, but you get what I mean. Go America!

Cid said...

Guess who started New York Fries and Boston Pizza? Those sneaky Canucks. Watch out, Obama is acting supiciously Canadian with all that health care talk!

Suze said...

Oh they're a sneaky bunch. Just a couple of weeks ago they even tried to get our new president to live up there. Watch them people...watch them.

Evil Genius said...

Wait a minute. That Cid knows too much about what Canadians started what. Someone check her papers. I think she's one of them!

Evil Genius said...

Oh, and excellent work, Pistols. Your gluttony, misogyny, alcoholism, and imperialism are a shining example for us all.

Bubs said...

Thank you. The price of freedom is CONSTANT VIGILANCE

Dale said...

I don't understand what this is all aboot, you know I'm (North) American!

katrocket said...

You may have outed me, Evil Genius, but it's too late. My People are everywhere, eating your donuts and making fun of your fashion choices en fran├žais.

SkylersDad said...

Just ask to see their Maple Leaf ID card. They always fall for that old line!

lulu said...

I don't trust Canadians. Why would someone live in Canadia when they could live in the good ole US of A?

In fact, when we are talking about racism etc in class, I always mention that Canadians are shifty and can't be trusted. My students just look at me.

cardiogirl said...

Damn. I wish I could claim Canadian status as an undercover Secret Agent. But alas, I am just an American in suburbia.

Maybe I need to work on achieving a black belt in Tae Kwon Do just so I have some super secret ability that can appear at will.

Right now all I can claim is a super cool pig latin that is not the pedestrian ig-pay atin-lay.

Magine agis sagupager cagool.

Mr Phil Hartman also had the ability and he once said on David Letterman "Bill Clinton is a f-cking assh-ole.

He was not censored because no one understood what he said. Except me and a handful of other people out there.

I have tried, in vain, to find that clip on Youtube and on the internet to no avail.

So you'll just have to believe me. But I swear on a stack of bibles it's true.

Distributorcap said...

i think these days it is the americans like me who should be hiding....