Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Simpsons Quote of the Week

This one takes some set up, but bear with me. I'm condensing this as much as I can.

Interior Kid First Industries "Secret Headquarters." Bart and Lisa are crawling past the security desk where the guard manning the post is none other than Gary Coleman.

Gary Coleman
[on telephone eating Chinese take out] I just ordered the Kung Pao shrimp, the menu said "a galaxy of prawns." I would hardly call three a galaxy. Oh yeah? Let me speak to Mr. Kwan.

Bart and Lisa now at the other side of the desk see that the telephone cord is not plugged into the wall.

Gary Coleman
Mr. Kwan, hold on a minute I have a call on the other line.Yes, hello, Mr. President...

Bart and Lisa enter the executive board room where Lindsey Nagel and Jim Hope [Tim Robbins] are discussing the blockbuster toy they have created with ill-gotten market research from Springfield Elementary.

Jim Hope
How did you get past Gary Coleman?

Bart
"Let's just say he's a few prawns shy of a galaxy."

4 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Excellent! The Simpsons are wonderful.

Bubs said...

Heh. I remember that episode!

cardiogirl said...

One day, I would love to write an episode of the Simpson.

Spelled that wrong and then spell check wanted to spell it The Simpletons. Which then made me realize if I get off my creative ass I could, indeed, write one episode and post it on my blog under the title of the Simpletons since it wouldn't be as funny.

I know I won't be doing this but I like to dream and then cut myself down in other people's comment sections.

Thanks for obliging me.

TheBlackSaint said...

When this episode came out, a running gag among my friends at work would be to demand, "How did you get past Gary Coleman?" whenever someone came to our desk unexpectedly.