Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust?!!

First it was McGone. Then Falwless started posting only once in a blue moon. Beth has been similarly sporadic. Chris at "Surviving Myself" thought about giving it up, but he came back. So, has anyone else clicked on over to "Save Your Generation" lately? That's been one of my go-to blogs for quite a while now. 'Cause for a while there Pistols at Dawn posted every day for more than a year. And then he did that thing with his sidebar so you can see who's updated recently, so that was another reason to go there. So yesterday I clicked on the boobs/doritos/dictionary/Journey icon on our sidebar and got the following message:

This blog is open to invited readers only

What? This didn't make sense. Pistols tells us all kinds of stuff; he hardly seems like the private type. So I emailed him and he told me that he's going to stop blogging! Say it ain't so, Pistols! You could just take an EG style hiatus. You could take the summer off and come back in the fall! Maybe you could get The Girl to write it while you're gone. Your readership has expressed an interest in hearing from her. Of course, it's possible she'll be funnier than you are. (Something EG has never had to worry about when he leaves me in charge.) But at least someone would be manning the controls at SYG. Kat won't help you out?

So here's another thing - even if you're not gonna blog for a while (I do not yet accept that you may be done done), I, for one, would really appreciate it if you leave your blog up. 'Cause I didn't read you from the get go, and I could go back now and read the early posts that I haven't seen yet. Also, I could still see the "who's posted lately" sidebar.

In all seriousness, P@D, sometimes we all have stuff going on and blogging has to take a backseat at least for a while. But as long as I have a job that kinda sucks (and it's hard to imagine when I won't), I'm gonna miss you if you're not around. Comment once in a while at least, huh? And I will still hold out hope that you will miss us and return to blogging. But I hope that you'll at least put the blog back up. At least for a while?

I'll be watching, Pistols. I won't stop believing! Now, of late I've been setting my posts to publish at 9 am so that I could be at the top of your blogroll at the beginning of a workday. But fuck it. It's 8:33 on a Wednesday and I'm just going to hit publish.

7 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Here here Red, I agree! P@D is a must read, and since he started winding down my life is just an empty shell of what it once was.

Rassles said...

I'm...I'm speechless.

You'll find me hovering in a corner. Weeping.

McGone said...

I feel somehow responsible.

Some Guy said...

Sad news. It's one of the best blogs out there.

Catherinette said...

I'm so pissed at Pistols for doing this to all of is.

DAMN YOU, PISTOLS!!

red said...

What the what?! This blows!

I agree. If someone wants to stop posting, fine, but leave it up for the memories!! Think of the children!! (I'm not sure what that means)

Distributorcap said...

just another form of torture