Friday, June 26, 2009

A Different Top Five Then You'll Currently Find at Rassles's Place

The very cool Rassles did a post about Michael Jackson and asked readers to share their picks for Top Five Michael Jackson songs. Which is a nice way to commemorate his passing. But earlier this week, and for no particular reason, I was telling EG about my top five U2 songs. Which would be (this is pretty much in order):

1. One
2. With or Without You
3. All I Want Is You
4. Angel of Harlem
5. Mysterious Ways

After a little thought, he told me that his are:

1. Love Is Blindness*
2. With or Without You
3. New Year's Day
4. Numb
5. Party Girl

Since then, he's been asking his friends and they've come up with some fun lists. Pezda has been tagged, maybe he'll leave his in the comments. And we hope you will, too.

I'm off to the Jersey Shore to rendezvous with some childhood girlfriends. Interestingly (or maybe not, but...) these girlfriends and I did a fourth grade talent show routine to "I'll Be There." On the radio yesterday morning, I heard that Carly Simon was 64 (and we'll still need her and we'll still feed her) and George Michael was 46.** I was gonna post about that after work yesterday, then I heard about Farrah Fawcett and then we all heard about Michael. I'm a little sorry for Farrah that she was totally eclipsed by Michael, but such is life.

Anyway, top five U2 songs. Get on it, gang!

*When he said that, I wished I'd thought of it. But even though it's a better song than "Mysterious Ways," I have a sentimental attachment to it (MW). It's the first U2 song I remember from when it came out.
**The fact that those two numbers are the same digits in opposite order makes some strange little place in me happy. Like palindromes, or when the number on the clock indicates my birthdate. Yeah, that's a little weird, but whatever.

5 comments:

Distributorcap said...

hope you are having fun at the shore -- i am sure if you play the radio all you will hear is Michael Jackson

The Kid In The Front Row said...

I have only ever really liked the obvious hits by U2; the greatest hits do it for me. With Or Without You, Pride, etc-- further than that, my interest isn't really there. :S

red said...

Your top 3 would be on my list along with "Where the Streets Have No Name" and "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." Honorable Mentions to "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" and "Walk On."

Rassles said...

I wish I could say I was a U2 fan, but my love begins and ends with "Bloody Sunday." Sometimes I listen to "Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me" though, because the Batman Forever soundtrack is a big fucking guilty pleasure, despite the shiteness of the movie.

Pezda's Ghost said...

1. I Will Follow (Boy)
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday (War)
3. When Love Comes To Town (Rattle & Hum)
4. With Or Without You (Joshua Tree)
5. Bad (The Unforgettable Fire)