Friday, November 13, 2009

"My God, it's full of stars."

Despite whatever they tried the other week that didn't work, NASA has now found water on the moon.

Since I have been lying on my couch sick watching movies for most of the week, I am now more concerned with finding monoliths on the Moon. I am not sure if 27 gallons is actually a significant amount, but a Tycho Magnetic Anomaly would be significant. I am sure Moon Water could be bottled and marketed for a fortune if there weren't enough to split into hydrogen and oxygen rocket fuel components. But how much cooler would an ominous black crystalline harbinger of cosmic events be? If only we still had the Cold War or some homicidal AI to add dramatic tension. But no, just ice.

Thus spake Zoroaster.

5 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I think it's pretty amazing the found water on the moon, but I just don't know if it's practical to think we can get enough to make a difference in having the moon act as a base for future ops.

Fran said...

Are you running a fever? What medicine are you taking?

You sound scary, just a little scarier than usual.

Can the moon water go into the Brita pitcher?

Red said...

Hmmm; if moon water went into the Brita pitcher, it might actually remove some stuff we want. Of course, as EG would tell you, I'm talking out of my ass a lot of the time. I usually tell him that I prefer the term "riffing" but in this case, the correct term is actually "hypothesizing," which is perfectly valid in science.

BeckEye said...

What about cheese? Did they find any of that up there?

Suze said...

Man, the only thing I worry about after staying home sick and watching t.v. is if the girl will ever find out the results of the 14 men she had take a paternity test. Mind boggling.