Thursday, November 19, 2009

Why am I still blogging?

I was going to do a post about the death of Ken Ober, host of MTV's Remote Control when I realized that Beckeye almost certainly already had something up. The amount of postworthy ideas in my brain have dwindled. We have all been sucking the collective well dry.

I can also blame social networking for leeching away an audience and the demise of blogging luminaries, but the truth is bloggers burn out without help from other internet time sucks and no one was reading me anyway (just a bunch of hits from dudes trying to score pics of Mariska Hargitay in some state of undress.) And I ain't here to be the next Perez Hilton or Markos Moulitsas (close and personal friend to Grant Miller) anyway. I am just here to vent and let some of the crazy out.

Speaking of the crazy, this picture was on page 2 of my Google image search for "Why am I still blogging?" I like to use Google image searches to answer a lot of questions in my life. The answer to "What should I have for dinner?" is easily solved as BBQ ribs and tater tots. Thanks, Google image search!

You should try it.

10 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Don't you dare go away! We will hunt you down and make you roo (rue?) the day!

Red said...

Pandora at this moment is playing a really cool Regina Spektor track called "Rejazz", and the album is listed as 11:11. Which is obviously some sort of compilation or soundtrack or some such, but you know that title makes me happy.

I'm glad you returned to blogging, as it was a significant part of you returning to me.

Fran said...

I know how you feel. I stopped once.

Then I cam back. But I talk way too much about God 'n shit for the most part, not so popular but where I am at. (Yes! God and swearing can be compatible, goddammit!)

Be who you are. Dziękuję. If you go, I will have to say "dovitzenya."

Flannery Alden said...

I'm with you, EG.

But whenever I see new posts on WILATU, I jump over here and read. I'll make you a deal, I'll comment more here if you comment over at my place.

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm right there with you, EG. I hang in there because I feel like I'm going to get my blogging mojo back eventually, and whoever bothers to stick around while I post random shit and nothing of consequence will be justly rewarded.

When this fabulous event will happen, however, is anybody's guess.

I'll keep going if you will- deal?

katrocket said...

Yeah, I've had one foot out the door for months, but I can't seem to actually pull the plug.

what Whiskeymarie said... yeah, that's pretty much how I feel too.

Del-V said...

Take it from me. You don't need to quit blogging. You can just post less frequently.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Freida Bee, MD said...

No need to be dogmatic is the conclusion I've made after quitting 13 times.

Mongoliangirl said...

I've created a category called 'Rather Shallow' for when I'm blogging just to be blogging. It really helped me keep going when I didn't want to.
OK, not really.