Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Senator flips Congress a metaphoric bird

This dude is my new hero. He is the poster boy for the Radical Middle. He has summed up most of my most recent concerns about America's future (namely extreme partisanship and special interest control.) I really have no idea what his political leanings are or how he has voted in the past, but I can tell you that he is the first politician in a while that I would describe as a leader.

He had his seat in the bag for the next six years. Easy money. But he said, "Eff this noise." And handed in his notice.

Furthermore, he has drawn attention to the fact that though politics has always been the bane of government, it has escalated to a point of irreparable damage. Basically the system is a broke and it would take an Act of Congress to fix it. Of course, therein lies the problem.

So I ain't telling anyone what to do, but I am taking into serious consideration his plea to vote out ALL incumbents. Maybe you should give it some thought, too. But only if you ever want to see any kind of effective legislation passed. If you are fine with every new bill having a hundred hidden riders and not making any substantial impact on it's original intention, then sure, keep voting how you always do.

4 comments:

SkylersDad said...

It is truly amazing what has happened to our political system, and I don't have a clue how to fix it. If a person wants to run for a seat, they already have to be a millionaire, and already sucking the teat of the special interest groups and lobbyists.

Evil Genius said...

Another excellent point. Voting in new blood just means voting in new blood suckers!

A bloody coup may be in order.

Whiskeymarie said...

Sometimes I think that the only solution is some act of nature that wipes out much of the human race, forcing us to literally start from scratch.

But then I realize that the first thing the survivors would probably do is pick someone to be "President", starting the whole ridiculous cycle of all over again...

Evil Genius said...

Ooh, ooh! I pick you for President of the Mad Max world, Whiskey.