Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Damn you, Ben! You, too, Jerry!

As you may remember me mentioning in this post, Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's is one of the best days of my year. As I mentioned in this post, I've missed it before, either due to being in Wyoming, where if you're not near Jackson Hole you're outta luck, or due to being too damn busy. (But not usually. I'll make time for free ice cream.)

Free Cone Day typically falls toward the end of April. The last or second-to-last Tuesday. Last year, (oh, happy day!) it actually fell on my birthday. So I figured that this year it would be today, probably, but possibly last Tuesday. So last Tuesday, I sought out the Ben and Jerry's website so as not to miss one of the happiest days of my year. Oddly, I found no mention of it. So I googled "Free Cone Day 2010," only to find out that those bastards moved it back to March 23!

Now, I'm 33, and both EG and I have (thank you, Lord) decent jobs at the moment, so I could actually afford to go to Ben and Jerry's and buy a damn ice cream cone if I wanted. Or get a pint of the stuff and keep it in the freezer. But Free Cone Day is special. I'm sorry to have missed standing in line in the sunshine with all the happy strangers who are getting free ice cream, too. I'm sorry to have missed giving all of you a heads up so that you can share in the joy, if you so choose. But this year, it was not to be.

Still, the Genius is marrying me, so I'm guessing that 2010 won't be a total loss ;)

No comments: