Sunday, May 16, 2010

Walk MS 2010 Wrap Up



Once again this year, EG and I are so grateful to all of you who sponsored us for the walk. As I mentioned before, I think, I didn't actually walk this year. Thanks to those of you who sponsored me anyway, to those who sponsored EG, who walked on my behalf, and very much to you, EG for both your walking and fundraising efforts.

EG and I raised a total of $2,155 this year! Of that total, $785 came from those connected to us through WILATU!! I phrase it that way because anchoring the team again this year was Wendy Brandes, who not only gave us a generous contribution herself but also reached out to her friends and family, who also accounted for a chunk of the total. Wendy and her friends gave us over 60% of what we raised from people we know online, and we really, really appreciate it. As you may have noticed, we have put a permanent link to Wendy Brandes Jewelry on the sidebar. Check it out!

Many, many thanks also to:

Suze, of Suzel's Sass
Beth, once upon a time of Cup of Coffey
Patroness of the arts/sometime WILATU contributor getKRISTIlove, of 2 minutes in the box
Beckeye, of The Pop Eye
FranIAm, now of There Will Be Bread
Grant Miller, of Grant Miller Media.
McGone, whose International House of Blogcakes is still up, even if it's no longer updated
SkylersDad, of Some Days It's Not Worth Chewing Through the Leather Straps (which, incidentally, may be my favorite blog name ever)
And last but certainly not least, WhiskeyMarie, of Never What You Think It Should Be

I would like to move the photos at the top around, but can't make it happen. Maybe EG will later. It's worth noting, however, that I posted both of them because I like the one where he's smiling better, and he likes the other one. But that was predictable.



3 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

Wow, that's a lot of money. Way to go you guys! And nice socks Red... Glad to see they are not argyle.

McGone said...

Way to go Team WILATU!

Red said...

gKl - The striped ones are actually from him. But I do have arglye aplenty; I _am_ with EG.

McGone - Glad you're on it!