Friday, April 26, 2013

What I USED to Like About The Universe

So I went back and checked on what all the [open] slots on the WILATU list are from. These are what they were:

34.  good vodka
58. whiskey
73. Guinness
74. the perfect martini

Now it isn't that I don't still look back fondly on all the great times my friends assured me I had before I hopped on the wagon, it's just that these are things I can no longer enjoy. It has recently come to light that even the occasional nip I used to allow myself is now verboten. I kicked the habit due to the meds, but there are quite a few peoples who will agree that it was a good idea for me and the booze to part company anyway. I will include myself in that group. 

So this shall serve as my acknowledgement to what once was one of the few things that made me not hate life.  I have so many  of them now it is disgusting. At any rate "Here's to alcohol - the answer to, and cause of all life's problems."

3 comments:

Fran said...

Oh yes, oh yes...

SkylersDad said...

Sorry that the meds do not agree with an occasional nip. But good for you for staying strong sir!

Whiskeymarie said...

Homer J. Simpson truly is the greatest philosopher of our generation. Even me, Whiskeymarie Von Partypants, finds herself imbibing much less often than her old partygirl self.
Some would say I'm getting older and wiser, the more astute of us would say I'm just more aware of my liver's limitations these days.
I'm just going to go ahead and call it a win either way.