Monday, June 03, 2013

WILATU #35 - Eating foods I'm not supposed to

Ah, forbidden fruit! Though fruit is rarely on the forbidden list. Red meat on the other hand...
First we need to establish the authorities involved in placing my dietary restrictions: 1. Doctor Lady 2. Red. Which one do you think has more rules? Which one do you think is more fun to disobey?
The answers are 2 and 1 respectively. It is the level of authority held by Doctor Lady (not to be confused with the lady doctor) which makes it more enjoyable to ignore. I don't actually enjoy sneaking off to Kabob Bazaar behind Red's back, but sometimes it needs to be done. Not to assert my independence, but because I am a slave to deliciocity.
When the day comes, and it will, that Doctor Lady tells me my days are numbered, I would strongly advise a clear path be kept between me and the nearest purveyor of chili cheese fries. I hold all of my esteemed readers in the highest regard, but your ass is toast if you try to obstruct me from a self-induced culinary coronary. Delaying this innevitablity is Red's sole reason for writing her own book of Leviticus for me. I really wish I could be more compliant for her sake. Hey, at least I ate all the vegetables in the picture withe the succulent lamb bathed in exotic spices and seared to perfection over a wood fire.
Does lamb even really count as red meat anyway?

2 comments:

Fran said...

That looks soooooooo good.

Now stay the hell away from it!

Red said...

YES lamb counts! There really aren't very many vegetables in that picture, EG. Was this lunch yesterday?